Monday, August 3, 2020

COVID Anecdotes

by Jim West (please share and cite)

The Violent MASKER, again, 8/1/2020

11am. I'm looking for a public area with low EMF, using the the am radio test. I forgot to put on my mask.

I get about six feet from a man sitting on a bench. 

Man: "Stay away from me. Social distance."

I see he has no mask. "You should be wearing a mask. It's the law."

Man: "I don't want to hear your bullshit!" I realize this is the same rude man I had met a few weeks earlier. [See "Violent MASKER" below]

Me: "You already have it."

The man lurches forward violently as if to attack me. Then he settles back into his bench.

I stand unaffected with a smile. "How strange," and I walk away.

I reflect, and remind myself that it is not good to make enemies.


The Violent MASKER, 7/5/2020

A mask mandate has been declared in my city.

I'm sitting on a park bench at 8:30am, and nobody is near. A man (age ~65) walks over and sits 15 feet away. 

Man: "Are you aware that a mask must be worn in public space?"

Me: I reach for my mask and begin putting it on. "Yes... but..."

Man: "I don't want to hear your bullshit!"

Me: "Yet, I'd like to hear yours." Man walks off in a huff, and apparently calls the police. Five minutes later a cop car shows up and parks, politely positioned towards me. I walk towards the cop car and veer past.

Obsessive Maskers 7/20/2020

At 3am when the city is abandoned, I see a single person walking down the street in the dark, walking out of the city, wearing a COVID mask.

A person is driving a car, windows rolled up, A/C on, wearing a mask.

Solitary people are wearing masks with pride, as if they are wearing a crisp military uniform, as if they are a member of a cult, making a brave statement.

Posters 7/10/2020

Poster says "We are a community that cares. Please respect our wishes and wear a mask."

Poster says: "Masks are mandated. It's the law. Mask up buttercup!"

After a few weeks, these posters are being torn down.

The Blunt Believer, 6/5/2020

I'm alone in a park, nobody near. An acquaintance walks up to say hi.

Acq: "You know that this city is experiencing a dramatic rise in COVID cases?"

Me: "Cases are undefined. Testing is ramping up and there is a natural reflection of testing. And a better marker is deaths. COVID is known to be related to air pollution, and we have little air pollution here."

Acq: Insultingly, "You're one of those people who goes on the Internet and researches stuff."

I reflect a dismay. My acquaintance feels bad. He walks away.

__________________________

Disclaimer: The author is not an authority or professional. For medical advice, see a trusted professional without delay. All statements are hypotheses for discussion. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Fair Use Act Disclaimer.
This site is for discussion purposes only.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.

Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property aggregated and redistributed in this site is for educational use only and is considered protected by standards of fair use. Intellectual property owners have been cited where possible. Original material produced for this site is copyright Jim West / harvoa, All rights reserved.

Please support this work by sharing, buying booksor donating.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural gas vs cell phone

    by Jim West   (please share and cite)   Natural gas is advertised by natural gas companies as a fire hazard.  (Annotations on the right ...