by Jim West (please share and cite)
Update: Circa 6/22/2022, my tooth fell out. Very sad. It was in good shape but the periodontal system could not hold it. It took years for this final event, instigated by fluoride poisoning from a dentist over a decade ago, and progressing badly with each new poisoning episode. It is somewhat a relief that it is gone. My body seems now to crave raw garlic and I have no problem eating it as small cut pieces with cheddar cheese. Found out today that sulphur and fluoride react to form an inert non-toxic gas, sulphur hexafluoride. This might be a good antidote for fluoride.
Update: Circa 4/4/2022, my tooth firmed up, but then I ate popcorn and it became loose again. Not gone but loose. Not improving. I have heard that a bonded brace to adjacent teeth (by a dentist) can give the tooth time to heal. I may try that.
Garlic has a great reputation for improving health by bolstering the immune system. It has long been eaten raw by Germans, Russians and Chinese cultures for this reason.
Its reputation is warranted because the immune system depends on sulfur to destroy and/or sequester foreign matter, such as heavy metals and out of balance microbes. With arsenic and mercury being constants threats throughout industrial history, garlic makes sense.
Due to a corrupt dentist filling my perfectly good teeth with mercury when I was a child, and then as an adult having those mercury fillings replaced with resin following a fluoride treatment -- by a moronic dentist -- my periodontal system is not happy. Science supports my observations.
Recently, with more stressors, my front lower teeth got real sad and wanted to leave. I got very sad and began asking and thinking.
I took many hours to revamp my EMF shielding and that helped much, but one tooth remained very loose.
A close friend suggested oil of oregano, organic.
I don't entirely trust the organic label, especially when spices are allowed much more pesticides because the FDA falsely declares that they are not a food and assumes that they would not be eaten in quantity. However, the oil of a spice is where chemicals migrate.
Then I bumped into garlic at the store and remembered that it is high in sulfur, like onions. I remembered that Captain Cook used onions for cure his ship crew, to prevent scurvy.
I tried garlic and within 24 hours the tooth was firmer. Over the next week, everyday, the tooth got firmer. Apparently the periodontal micro-ecology was getting into balance.
Maybe this is too early to celebrate. But so far, so good.
I was chopping garlic cloves and swallowing them in a smoothie or with any liquid, daily.
The amount? Five small cloves per day.
Most sources claim much more garlic can be eaten daily.
However after six days of eating my five small cloves, I noticed a very strong odor in my sinuses and then in my mouth. That would be H2S, hydrogen sulfide. The odor reminded me of petroleum refinery effluents, where H2S is common.
I also felt heart palpitation, which I first assumed was EMF from my computer monitor. But while that once was common, palpitation is now rare, if ever, because I wear an EMF shield vest and have a monitor shield.
So it appears that garlic overdose really is a hazard to the heart, as others experience and warn.
The body senses a sulfur overdose.
The body neutralizes the sulfur, producing H2S gas.
The H2S gas is released mostly through the lungs and skin.
So forget the mainstream dose threshold studies, which are absurdly high.
Just monitor yourself for H2S and heart weirdness. If you sense these symptoms, then stop eating garlic, and maybe onions also, as they are substantial in sulfur.
It appears that on the average, for me, one third of a small clove per day would be OK. But now I am waiting for the H2S to subside completely.
Allicin is like a sugar with a sulfur bond.
Sulfur is like oxygen, and can "oxidize" things that "burn", like carbon, hydrogen and metals. Thus it appears that O and S are bonded with the sugar component C6H10- to form C6H12OS2 (allicin).
Mainstream Medicine will tell you that allicin aids the arterial system by generating H2S and nitric acid and thereby helps to open up arteries.
I doubt that is the mechanism. They are actually describing a toxic "pharmaceutical effect", whereby the toxicity of allicin overdose brings about a temporary and false sense of "vitality". The end result is disaster, as with virtually all pharmaceuticals.
The mainstream stories are, as usual, an avoidance of toxicology.
The value of garlic should be nutritional, not hormetic. That is, the dose should be less than what generates the toxic hormetic effect (pharmaceutical affect).